US admits Kabul drone strike killed aid worker and 9 members of his family including 7 kids

5 963
60.4%
The Sun1.74M
Published on 18 Sep 2021, 8:45
A DRONE strike in Kabul last month killed as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, the U.S. military said on Friday, apologising for what it said was a tragic mistake.

Senior US officers had previously said the August 29th strike - that took place as foreign troops completed the last stages of their withdrawal from Afghanistan - targeted an Islamic State suicide bomber who posed an imminent threat to Kabul airport.

But following an investigation - US General Frank McKenzie admitted Friday they were wrong.

Read more: thesun.co.uk/news/16172614/us-...

Taliban ‘bans girls from secondary schools’ in Afghanistan by reopening only for boys
thesun.co.uk/news/16173572/tal...

Al-Qaeda ‘ready for bloody wave of terror attacks on US & UK’ as terrorists regroup in Taliban controlled Afghanistan
thesun.co.uk/news/16156201/al-...

The Sun newspaper brings you the latest breaking news videos and explainers from the UK and around the world

Become a Sun Subscriber and hit the bell to be the first to know

Read The Sun: thesun.co.uk
Like The Sun on Facebook: facebook.com/thesun
Follow The Sun on Twitter: twitter.com/TheSun
Subscribe to The Sun on Snapchat: snapchat.com/discover/The_Sun/...
newsautotechmusickids